Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blessings....

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

This is so true. During my years of pain and suffering, I often thought about how he had deserted me during my hour of need. I despaired that I prayed to such a God who would just leave me in the middle of nowhere. I nevertheless prayed. In a corner of my heart, a tiny light used to glow which reminded me of my promise to him years ago, when I first started understanding his blessings. "I will pray unto thee" whatever happens, where ever I am, whatever I am. So pray I did.

Now, after the storm, after being uprooted more than once, these words make a lot of sense to me. I shudder to think of all the things that could have horribly gone bad, if he had not "carried" me, so to say. Carry he did. He made sure I came out of the stormy period with minimum of bruises and a cart load of lessons learnt for life. Lessons which would form my life in future.

Thank you lord. Thank you for making me what I am today. Thank you for giving me the strength to survive the storm. Thank you for helping to put my head up today and say "Yes, people I have arrived"

I again promise you, "I will pray unto thee whatever happens"

3 comments:

Sairekha said...

Awww! Kavi in a spiritual mood.. Nice. :)

Jaya said...

At low times, it is hard to understand why we are going through one. But nostalgia always remind us how strong we were. Nice one.

Sumana said...

It is but for him that we exist here. I loved the poem. Nice one.