Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Ouch...that hurts :(

"Please don't shatter the peace and tranquility of life."

This is what I want to remind myself for the rest of my life whenever I get crazy and start believing that there exists a surgical procedure which will last a few hours and recovery period is a day or two max.

A few things I have learnt over the past two weeks:

Feeling tired is not when I come back from office and feel too lazy to move. Feeling tired is that zapped out feeling when you cannot even lift your finger to save your life. Feeling tired is when your whole body feels like a burden to your own self.

Patience is something available in abundance with some people I openly termed "impatient". But for that patience, I would still be a patient.

Unconditional love is not expressed when you proclaim. It is not what you define as "I love you no matter what you do". It is what makes you want to help your loved one in the worst possible situation, which involves stench, sweat, tears, pain and half-conscious and tonnes and tonnes of irritability and accusations.

There are some feelings and some generosities, like the one mentioned above, which cannot be returned. It is not a favor or a tit-for-tat kind of thing. You take a hell lot of time to develop that. Till then sit back and enjoy and count your blessings.

There are very few people who can give you positive thoughts and mean it at the same time. Like a close pal who said "get well and we will go watch a movie" when I was half-conscious, in pain and not sure if I would last the day. Or a child who made lists of "want to do"s with you, when you are up and about. Cherish these people, for there is a dearth of such beings. At the same time, there is an abundance of people who will be all negative and go ga-ga about how stupid you were. I wish to God, anyone in my state would get the strength to show them the middle finger.

Something I never forget, but want to re-iterate, parents are the only people who will stand by you even when you have made an ass of yourself. They are the only ones who will remind you your reasons for making a decision and executing it, when you are cursing yourself for your own foolishness. They are the only ones, who once convinced that something is being done for your betterment, will have their faith no matter what, even when you are convinced it was a wrong decision on your part. Experience says, "they are always right"!!

No surgery ever leaves you well enough to work after a day. All surgeries will cost you your blood and for a weekling like me, it entails a lot of other complications.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice and a very touching blog :).. We can almost feel the emotions with which you have written each of these lines. One requires to have a strong mental strength to overcome such sufferings, which you have.. This is one of the most admirable qualities of yours :).. The better days of your life arent too far :) .. Get well soon, keep smiling and cheerful :) :)

Unknown said...

I agree with what you have stated above! Makes me wonder about the little things around me :-)
Thanks for sharing, Kavitha!